Thursday, 23 July 2026

Double take

My dear brother has found a new hobby, film making (he actually tried to get into theater school when he was in his early twenties). He's been in reality tv show (which was a nice one, nothing to do with drama or relationships) and as a backround filler in some actual movies and tv shows with his girlfriend.

Now, I ended up in one of those freelance films... two years ago? Three years ago? but later on I've only been on the costum department*.


Next short film is a horror movie with my six year old niece. She needs a night gown, and because the role involves some crawling on her knees (as you do in the horror movies) it's a good idea to have one extra gown...

I love the fabric! It's smooth, almous silky feeling (and it is cotton!). Unfortunately it was sold per kg and it was the only bundle there, so I'm not able to make anything for myself with this fabric. The photo doesn't do any favours to gowns, they are really nice and fit my niece perfectly. Pity they both might end up in tatters...

*So far I've made a peasant costume for Medieval set, a crocheted jumper (imitating needlebinding technique) and some better trousers for medieval set.

No comments:

Post a Comment