Monday 19 September 2016

This is me

This is me.
Fat and ugly, tired and fed up.
But who cares? Just me, and that's enough.

This is my blog. I write it as a diary to remember, to sort out my thoughts, to vent my frustration. This is my safe haven. 

I'm middle-aged well-educated mother of six-minus-two (I'll come to that later, maybe), have a spouse and a house in the middle of nowhere. Actually, not. If it is really really dark and there are no leaves on the threes, I might get a glimpse of light from our neighbour, about 400m (quarter a mile) away. If it's not very windy, I might go by the edge of the field and shout really really loudly - and someone might hear me across the field. I work in public service, so I really shouldn't be shouting really really loudly.

We are renovating and building an extension to our house. The house was semi-ok, but with only two bedrooms and one loo it really was way too small for our family. We have already built the extension, it's (mostly) well insulated, wheather-proof and partly livable. We still don't have another loo (but we do have an outhouse with state-of-the-art composting seat!), no new kitchen or decent bath, but at least all children have a room of their own (or as our two youngers prefer, a room for them, they don't like to sleep alone).

I have a vegetable patch, a potato patch, few bushes of black currants and one miserable twig of damson. We have a forest. A bit smaller than Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Wood. But it's ours.

And you know - winter is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment