Wednesday 20 June 2018

Luckily not a disaster

Yesterday we had our first thunder storm. It stroke only once.


Thunderstrike hit  one of our big spruces behind the garage (and outhouse). It was cut off at about 6m and top fell down breaking my rug rack. BUT it could have hit our garace, hb's car, es's car or outhouse, or even the well, but it missed all of them! Rug rack is twisted around the trunk and is beyond hope, but it is no great loss, nowadays I use our balcony railings to hang out rugs, covers, mattrasses etc.

The very best thing is we had decent amount of rain - not enough to get rid of forest fire warnings but I don't have to water veg plot today.

Polytunnel and greenhouse need watering, but it takes only few minutes. Oh, the polytunnel is ready!

 Doesn't it look neat... Also 'Sumas rear is in the pic.
Sorry,  I had to. It takes only half an hour to tidy all the wood and cardboard and pots and stuff, but I haven't had  time to do it. Well, I had, but it was so hot and I didn't want to get overheated. I was lazy.
It'll be all fine and dandy soon, I'll have some time off from work and weather is going to cool down significantly.


My garlics, raddishes, beets on the front and beans on the further cold frame. Finally got also the third one ready planted - by the way those peas germinated after all, and survived 'Suma.

No comments:

Post a Comment