Wednesday 20 March 2019

Signs of Spring and last weeks list...

Even though temperature was -5 this morning, we have had "warm" weather lately. Snow is melting (not only thawing), there's actually spots of ground to be seen. Catkins are here, and today is equinox. Days a really longer now, there's so much light already. But at 8pm it was pitch dark yesterday when I took 'Suma to walk. I had to use torch because snow at the forest is so dirty (full of pine and spruce needles and branches etc) so it doesn't reflect any light at the moment.

On Saturday i heard first sounds of trumepts - swans are back! On Sunday I saw several swans fying above our village, and this morning there were three swans circling around the village fields - they were most likely trying to figure out what's happened - after last autunm storm it's a bit different now.

And last weeks list, all done!
-finish a present for sister's partner (he reached the big 30 last week) tomorrow I'll work at home, so I can use washing machine during the day and see what happens; Made it! Knitted him a pair of mittens and felted them in washing machine, perfect for ice-fishing, because they'll be warm even if they are wet. Had to felt them twice to get the right size.
-try to get sister a present (I have ordered it, but have no idea whether it's going to make it before Saturday; her bd is this week) Arrived on Tuesday and I was able to pick it from parchel machine on Tue while shopping shoes for ys. She wanted the book and I got it for her.
-fix sister's skirt before saturday (she's lost a few pounds since she was 15; I made that skirt for her 15 years ago!) should be done today evening, because I have to get out of the house with two youngest so hb can get some sleep because he works few night shifts this week. Done, took 5 mins including changing the tread on sewing machine - I still had the original thread I used for sewing that skirt!
-try to figure out what to wear in their birthday party on Saturday decided on Sat morning to wear the same jeans I wore when she was 15. Still fits!
-take ys to town to get indoors sport shoes and a small present for bdparty he's been invited to - party will be in ys's birthday, but he said it's ok he wants to go to his friend's party (March is awful, last thursday my cousind had her second child, and this child is about tenth in my expanded family who's bd is in March! and among kids friends there is more than a half a dozen who have bds in March, too) maybe tomorrow, because hb still needs to sleep, so I'll take kids to town; yep, done in Tue, actually got four pairs of shoes, two for ys and two for d, paid 75€ 'cause every pair they needed was on sale.
-prepare paperwork for Sundays village committee meeting done,  but now I need to buy new printer, this one quitted for good
-attend to sister's and her partner's joint bd party on Saturday Oh holy cripping maggots I did it, I'm way too old for this  s... There was a punk band and a rock band, and I still don't get punk. Just don't.
-attend to Sundays village committee meeting done

And for this week? Bdparty for d and ys: grandparents, relatives but no shcool friends. So:
-bake a cake or two (maybe even mudcake)
-bake a quiche or two (broccoli and feta; maybe ham and tomatoes)
-clean the house (not going to happen...)
So much easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment