Sunday 4 August 2019

Did I say I was expecting frost?

And frost indeed we had. When I was taking off fleeces in veg plot after morning's 'Sumawalk, they were still stiff with frost! Ok, it was 6.30 am, but sun had risen two hours earlier. I'm so glad I tackled fleeces over runner beans and corn, too, as they would have been doomed. I hope I didn't take covers off too early, but I had to leave to work. D will open greenhouse and polytunnel doors.

Back to business, I thought I would be alone in the office today, but colleague is here too. Well, he might leave early today (after he has checked all his mail), they had a new baby in late June and he might be needed at home - his wife might be a bit in a hurry with four small children. I know I was.

We did go berrypicking with my sister yesterday, I was back home 8.30pm. We got quite nice amount, but I must say picking wild raspberries is not one of my favourite hobbies. All nettles (ouch!) thorns (ouch), mosquitos, few wasps... 'Suma was so nice, she didn't run off, se only tried eat her waterbottle twice (there's no water in forest at the moment) and she tired eat raspberries all by herself! It was lovely and funny, she loves raspberries, but this is the first time she actually tried to eat them by herself. It was much easier with 'Suma than with kids! There are so much unripened berries left, we might need to go there later. Sister is on four week vacation, so we have time.


No comments:

Post a Comment