Sunday 27 October 2019

Waiting game

I was so looking forwar for half term. Ha, I was planning to have most of the week off, doing all those previously listed things in veg plot and polytunnel and greenhouse. Time to relax and enjoy autunm.

No such luck. I got called (ordered) to a planning group at work. Two full days of meetings (and  train trips to capital). I got two days off, spent them driving to sister's and back (detour to Ikea).
And on Saturday I took part of emergency exercise organized by local Red Cross. There was also emergency services (fire dept., ambulance crew and police) some other voluntary organizations (I was representing our community committee). Spending six hours in the wind and rain I was exhausted and cold. Now I have headache, slight temperature and sore throat. So this Sunday was the day I was supposed to do all things I had in mind... Nope.

I got clocks switched and separated last garlic bulbs I had waiting. I've given up hope (long ago) to build any new frames this autunm, so I just pulled last golden beets from garlic+beet frame I had this summer and planted all gloves I had. So 20+18 gloves planted. There's also those mini garlics grown from scapes, they might be ready next summer!
Anyway, I got that done and took 'Sumawalk, and then it started to rain. Now rain has turned to snow.  Next week is going to be frosts all week, so I can't get polytunnel down even if I had time.

Sister asked for "tummy tubes" or knitted maternity belts. Number One is going to have a sibling! Sis has some difficulties to fit in her winter clothes, so I knitted her two tubes (brainless ribbing with stripes). It didn't take time away from veg plot, because I knitted during evenings, and we have darkness by half eight - by half seven today.
I wanted to pick some mushrooms today, but no, my fingers will not work in this weather (I don't have arthritis in my hands, yet, but my mother and my brother have, so it's in my genes and working in cold and wet environments is trigger to it).

Sis is also moving closer to us, and now I have to sew that cover for that chair I bought for her. Now they will have room for it. And Number One will have his own room, we shall see how much sewing that includes.

It's Sunday, and so far I haven't had time to relax. I should be writing presentation (or making PowerPoints) to next weeks seminar, because I will not have any time next week because I'm still working on that planning group. And all my other work is on hold at the moment, which means I have to squeeze it all into few weeks I'm able to work in December. And when I thought I will have nice calm summer next year without rushing through all berry picking farms, I will be working even more during the summer - at least for the next four years.

I have a terrible headache and I just wish this four years will rush forward very rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment