Thursday 5 April 2018

Whenever the spring arrives...

Yesterday was officially the day I decided spring is coming. No, not because of sunshine or warm winds, but loads of rain. And rain melts snow, and rinses all dirt to the surface. And dirty snow melts faster. In the morning there was officially -13℃, in the evening +5℃.

Of course that also means roads are ice rinks, d fell this morning on our way to taxi stop. Luckily she had her outdoor trousers on, so no harm done (I had to take the trousers back home to hung dry). Me and 'Suma walk with kids every morning to the taxi stop (and back), a little short of a mile walk and puppy gets done with her morning routines like sniffing all hare and deer and fox trails. Most mornings we are joined by cats.

Car is now through MOT (I don't even know the final bill because my customer server at the garage is still on Easter holiday and others dont dare to give the invoice to me).  Some repairs were needed  such as spring at the back was broken; and other lesser problems. Soon I have to change tyres, but that can wait for few weeks. After all worries I have had with my car I really hope this was it for the time.

Veg plot is still covered in snow, only a foot left, I think.  Once this rain has stopped, I'll dust the plot with ash. After cold winter I have plety of ash to throw to the field. Maybe on sunday, or monday next week ( Ichecked the weather forecast; saturday is supposed to be sunny and dry). Light is no more an issue, day is today 13hrs 49mins (that is to sunrise to sunset), but snow.

Sad (background is our neighbours "birchfield"). Raised beds are five planks high,  only 2 are above snow...
Last summer I had high hopes I would be able to start my growing season early this spring. As you can see, no fat chance.  I have few peppers and chilis, I have to pot them to bigger pots.

Actually, there is as much snow as there were in February!






No comments:

Post a Comment