Monday 19 November 2018

Homemade lasagne

Instead of sunday roast I made lasagne (not that I usually make roast, it's too time consuming because even I like to have "a day off" sometimes).
Well, os doesn't eat lasagne, but it's his loss. He then eats something else (like pancakes, or Yorkshire puddings, or tinned tuna and cottage cheese).

I calculated the cost of making my lasagne: 7,76€. Sounds a bit expensive, but it comes down to 1,55€ per person. or 0,78€/portion - 5 people ate it yesterday, and I got three more portions to freezer for my lunches and two more portions to the fridge for hb's or children's lunches.

Euros:

edam
0,99
cream cheese
0,5535
mince

3,15
pasta sheets
0,725
full milk
0,763
flour
0,018
butter

0,49
tomato passata
0,63
salt

0,01
smoked paprika
0,01
pepper

0,01
nutmeg
0,01
garlic
0,1
herbs
0,1
leftover ketchup
0,2

Free: carrots and courgette (about 300g each)

I could have used less cheese, but I really do like cheesy lasagne. Mince was the cheapest without YS. I could have used regular milk (70cents) or used just water (or half water), but that's really all I could have done to make it cheaper.
Cheapest lasagne from shop is about 1€/portion, but because I can't eat it (onions) it's something we don't buy.

So once again it is not "homemade is cheaper" but "homemade is only option". I have never been able to eat lasagne at restaurant. Once I have eaten almost authentic Italian lasagne - almost authentic because there were no onions or garlic - it was specially made for me and my brother! And yes, when I make my lasagne, it is as good as that was.

But now I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment