Saturday 15 May 2021

Aching

 Ouch.

I'be been gardening. Yesterday I finally got all potatoes planted. I thought I had enough seedlings fo two long rows. I made four.

As you can see, we have hardly any leaves yet.

Hb got the plot tilled on wednesday evening, and it's perfect for planting now. Not too dry and luckily not too wet. This is still mostly clay. I had to left a small triangle untouched because one of my black currants has decided to go wild.  It produces most sweet berries AND I got it from my grandmother, who had planted it just for me. So if someomr's got to giveroom, it's the plot.

I'm really behind on everything, we had snow just two weeks ago! Well, now, potatoes took a huce chunk of my plot  so I don't have to plant too much other stuff. Broad beans, beets, pumpkins or courgettes, chard and peas. My frames will be filled with corn, beans, carrots and pickling cucumbers. Last year I got one corn cob! But was suprinsingly lucky with cucumbers. Oh, I have to remember spinach!

I hope I'll get tomato plants from Old man, I have my own chillies. 

And I have three more black currants to plant and two frames of strawberries to weed.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment