Saturday 1 May 2021

What?! It's May?

 Oh dear.

It's been a.... spring. End of winter and then spring. We've had birthdays (d is now "adult" which she has found very difficult to digest). Ys is a teen, which is a bit sad.

Baby kitten got stuck in a tree. Well, not stuck, but too afraid to climb down. I had to call a tree climber (arborist) to fetch him down after three days. Very embarrassing for a countrywoman like me. Baby brother has lost his nuts since. And no more kitten pee on beds.

I got polytunnel up, and right after that we've had three weeks of snow and frosts. Great. I have sown some chillies, they're doing fine on top of my freezer, I have two growing lights for them.

We had a kind of lockdown, but numbers went down before lockdown was on, so we are basically in slow limbo. Covid19 cases are low, but not low enought. I've worked long hours and I do hope after summer this will be mostly gone. I would love to work with something nice for a change, like waste water Managementin plants of farms with million tons of manure stinking to high heavens. My Covid19 tracing education has proven to be beneficial even I dont't do actual tracing.

We have one meat free day per week. Hb hasn't noticed and sys wants me to cook (why autofill wants me to "cook reindeer"?) soy strips.

This weeks meatless meal was cream of spinach soup made fron last of last summer spinach from freezer. Milk was out of date more than a week, byt it didn't split. So, I managed to reduce food waste and use odds and ends. Win win and the soup was nice with boiled eggs and sourdough rye bread.

I've been watching the Crown, and then Duke of Edinburgh passed away. It was sad, as always, but I think it wasn't unexpected. He was 99, and after watching the Crown, endless documentaries and reading all kinds of orbituaries I think he lived his life content and with meaning. Can't ask much more?

No comments:

Post a Comment