Monday 14 June 2021

Being prepared

 On Friday morning, while I was on 'Sumawalk, old man called, he was going to come to our house and cut the water off. In an half an hour. Yikes!

I mean, I needed a dip in the pool after the walk,  so I needed to hurry. I still had a good fifteen minute walk back home...

At home, after a swim,  I took all buckets and my BIG pans  and filled them with tap water. I filled my kettle and few empty Cola bottles. When old man and hb say water will be back by Saturday afternoon, I think maybe late on Monday. So I made sure I had enough water for four days.

Then I had my breakfast and logged  to my laptop.

Our water boiler in old, from '82 or '84, and it's been on it's last legs since... Last century? We ordered a new one, and a new water pump, too. So this water being cut off wasn't unexpected, but as always  you never know what will happen...

So, it's Monday and by noon we had running water! My quess was perfect.

It's not the drinking water which runs out, it's the toilet. Doing dishes takes a LOT of wayer, too. And washing yourself, too.

But, it's summer, and we have an outhouse. A working, clean composting toilet. We have a swimming pool. So when kids got fed up with outhouse loo, they just took a bucket of water from the pool anf flushed toilet with that. If you feel dirty, take a swim. Or a bucket of water and some soap. Maybe not the easiest way, but bulletproof.

And now? I'm going to fill dish washer and do a load of laundry in washing machine. Aaah the bliss of working domestic appliances!

No comments:

Post a Comment