Sunday 21 August 2022

Tourists

A friend of mine, a mother of my god son, had a birthday on Saturday. Our community assosiation (a grand term, a small group) was planning a trip to Stockholm, so we decided to go full tourists. We attended to city tour with a guide - I've been in Stockholm before, but for me it's always been a huge spidery lump - I just haven't got a grasp of it. We had a four hour bus tour around the old town and some of islands, as well as short walks aroud sights.

It was very interesting, and educational. Poor guide tried to tell the unfortunate story of Wasa ship for two hours... Our bus driver was VERY professional driver - we didn't hit any cyclists OR cars (the city was basically one huge road construction area which is why I will never ever drive myself in there apart the suburbs).

Of course two nights away (with buffet breakfast!!!) wasn't so easy with a dog who's got serious separation anxiety (but she is safe and happy now that I'm back) - and I haven't been berry picking (bilberries) OR in my garden or in my plot, so it all waits me tomorrow - after a (train)trip to the capital, again... Oh dear. At least forecast promises some water later on. We'll see.

I did however pick a handful of runner beans while I waited for 'Suma's business. I thought I will not get any beans this year because of late planting, but they are loving this hot weather. I need to check my pickling cucumbers asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment