Friday 3 August 2018

Courgette fritters

I made courgette fritters this week. I searched for a reciepe but finally decided to make my own version.
I used: 500g (a bit more to be honest) courgette, 2 eggs, about 1dl plan flour, a pinch of baking powder, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and a splash of cream. And about 1,5dl grated cheese (leftovers I found from the fridge).
I grated the courgette, put it in to the sieve and added some salt. Salt draws out extra moisture so finished product won't end up soggy mess. left it to drain for about 30-60 min (I'm on holiday, no idea about the clock).
Added eggs, cheese, flour and bp, salt, pepper and cream. Batter was loose but but a bit thicker than pancake batter. Mixed well and put to fridge to wait the dinner time.
Fried them in my blini frying pan in butter - everything is better with butter...
Hb liked them, kids didn't. They were ok, a bit too soft to my taste, still very much edible with sweet chilli sauce and fried fish fillets. I could have finished them in the oven to make them crispier, but I knew hb wouldn't like them that way.
Next I'll make courgette pancakes in hopes kids will like them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment