Wednesday 15 August 2018

Payday

Had my salary paid today, most of it has gone already. Mortage, insurance (cars, house, forest), electricity and credit card, car tax. I don't usually use credit in my cards anymore, but I was on a overnight trip with my sister, and I thought it would be safer to pay hotel etc by credit. And then I had to take three youngest to shopping - new school year and all.
All 3 needed new school bags - they use backpacks because of the amount of stuff they have to haul to and from school every day. They have laptops (given by school), but they also have books, which seem to weight a ton or a bit more nowadays (I sometimes help them carry backpacks when we walk to the taxi in mornings). At least I don't have to do school run anymore.
New shoes (luckily on sale), some new clothes and of course all the little stuff - pencils, rubbers, rulers (stuff I used to get from school!), notebooks (for drawing)... And a pencil cases. I offered to sow new cases, but they all wanted to have shop bought ones - last year they had handmade ones. I think it's fair they sometimes get something shop bought.
I used credit because there were service disruptions with several cards. Didn't have that much cash with me and queues to cash machines were too long.
 Next big expenditure will be hb's car repairs. Our nearest garage went off business (it was cheap but maybe the owner didn't like to deal with business and red tapes). Then in September we will have air source heat pump (ashp) installed. I wasn't planning on installing one, all plans for the house and extension waere made thinking there will not be any ashp. So it's not ideal for us, but it helps keep the house cool during summers (heat waves will become more regular in future) and it also helps warm the house during autunm and spring - in coldest times it will not work (it consumes more electricity in freezing conditions than heating by other electrical means).
I need new wellies (someone ate my old ones) and a decent winter coat (I managed to burn my old coat's sleeve while having a bonfire). I'm afraid kids will need those also, and they most likely need new winter shoes. Then new tablets for kids, and I think at least three new phones. Oh dear.

But, I have some money left on my bank account. I'm not planning to buy anything for the garden or veg plot before next spring (ok, I need carlic bulbs to plant winter carlic, that would be about 5-10 euros).

I might need a budget.

1 comment:

  1. I had to smile, I too feel a little overwhelmed with all that is needed this Autumn. I can't afford new phones, but found a company called Green Phone. They buy and sell used phones. I lot of money to be saved there I think. Started budgeting earlier this year. Enjoying it very much. Gives me better control of my money and helps fill inn all the little "holes" where money vanishes mysteriously. Happy weekend, Pam
    (P.s. found your blog via Down to Earth :)

    ReplyDelete