Friday 10 August 2018

Courgette pancakes

Courgette pancakes were better success than courgette fritters.
I don't measure my ingredients while making pancake batter, I make it by feel - it the batter is too thick, I'll add more milk, etc.
Roughly this way:

1 smallish courgette (about 400g), grated but not drained
leftover spinach soup (about 4dl)*
6 eggs
about 7,5dl milk (that's what was left in the carton)
1 tsp salt
0,5 dl sugar
0,5 dl wheat brans**
0,5 dl oats (crushed a bit)
about 3-4 dl of plain flour (not self-rising flour)
50g melted butter

I whisked eggs in a big bowl, added grated courgette and cold leftover soup (milk based) and mixed until smooth, Then salt, sugar, brans and oats. Finally flour - it took some mixing to get it smooth because of all of the extra stuff.
I left it to rest for about an hour (was still on holiday) and just before I started frying I added melted butter.
I fried the batter in two frying pans (blini pan and normal smallish frying pan). It took about an hour...

Served with sugar, jams and whipped cream. All was eaten.

* Not really spinach in it, but New Zealand Spinach and Swiss Chard 
** I got 1 kg bag of wheat brans from my co-worker - she had gotten it free when buying oats from a local farmer, her daughter is allergic to wheat so I got the bag. One kilo of brans goes a long way, that's why I add some of them in almost everything (buns, scones, cakes, cookies, pancakes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment