Monday 7 January 2019

It was Christmas and a New Year, too

Os is a year older once more, I bought pizza for dinner for him (it's his favourite, he likes my pizza, too, but this specific pizza is his fav) and baked a cake for him. Or rather the cake, it's the same I bake for every occasion: sandwich cake filled with strawberry+lingonberry puree and vanilla cream (with cream cheese of turkish youghurt or something a bit sour to cut extra sweetness, covered in sort of  dulce de leche (equal amounts of brown sugar and cream boiled until a drop keeps it's shape dropped in cold water), and sides covered in whipped cream.

Christmas was a lot of food (ham, casseroles, nibbles, chocolates) as was new year's eve. A lot of fireworks and sparkling wine. Two (three) batches of Rocky road and mud cakes.

Frost, snow, some rain, many walks and many films and episodes of tv-series. A lot of burned firewood in log burners. Only one pair of knitted socks (for sys who didn't get pair for christmas present, because he got one for his bday) but I started a pair for me! and I also knitted a new hat for me ('Suma might have eaten my previous one, don't know for sure because can't find any remains). Then I finished beret I promised to make to my friend (black yarn - I waited for a sunny day but never happened). Some mulled wine, ginger breads and sushi.
Last evening I knitted a pot holder (because 'Suma...), I need to wash it so it shrinks, if measurements were right I'll knit another one later.

Back to work, back to school. Sys messaged me he should have have his skates with him. Nope, forgot. School have some spares. So it's winter sports again - that time of the school year I hate.
Our neighbourg like winter sports, though. Last night's last 'Suma walk and I saw a light going around and around in a field. Yep, our neighbourg was skiing at 10 pm with a head lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment