Saturday 19 January 2019

Weekend and stuff

It's finally weekend. Actually the week itself wasn't too bad, for working at home two days has benefits! But still, weekend is a weekend.

It's a pity I can't take photos in the dark. When light in our yard are lit, big spruces behind our house make this view look somehow like from Game of Thrones.

Ski tracks. One villager made them after Thursday's snowstorm (it was -20C yesterday while I took this picture). So much easier to walk along that ready made path, it's so wide I don't step on skitracks. Two empty areas ahead are because of the tornado, that used to be dense forest all the way!

Skitracks continue. -10C.

  
One of the Rocky Road batches I made during Christmas. It was delicious and it's been eaten a long ago.

Hb and ys set up a bird feeder just before Christmas (ys had made it in school), and it took almous four weeks for the birds to find it! But now they are enjoying their daily buffet of seeds and fat. Jays, all kind of tits and yellowhammers. i can see them from my place at dinner table where I use my laptop while I'm working. Sometimes it's good just to watch birds.

Right now I'm waiting to fire die out in my wood oven, I'll make a roasted boar with root veggies, it should be good. Also I made dough for buns, I used my dried white clovers grinded to flour and grated left over cheeses from fridge. Should be good, too.
I might make an another batch of Rocky Road, I have still lots of chocolates, marshmallows and apparently ready popped popcorn. That will be good!
I should also try to bake a batch of shortbread cookies with meadowsweet sugar, don't know how they will end up.

And now I'm starving!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, where you live is very remote...or so it looks! What a beautiful view. I am glad that your birds have finally found the tasty good you got for them. I went to buy some fat balls for them today but I was rather annoyed that the cheaper ones came in plastic netting as well as plastic outerpacking so I ended up buying the double priced ones because they didn't come in the netting! Your Rocky Road looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was deliciuous...
      It's really hard to find bird food without any plastic, mostly sunflower seeds in paper sacks. Haven't found fat balls withour netting at all.

      Delete