Monday 11 February 2019

I was unsupervised at IKEA

It's been raining for five days. A lot of water. And everything is so wet, damp and/or otherwise miserable. Snowbanks has sunken (Oh joy, I can again shovel snow over the banks...), forest floor is full of branches. Squirrels have been busy, there's a carpet of spruce shoots under every big spruce (and we have quite a many big spruces i n our forest). Roads got slippery, and after four days of rain they turned into soft mush, so driving is nerve wrecking.
Sys had a homework, he had to plan a meal and prepare it. After weeks of contemplations he finally decided he wanted to make meatballs and spaghetti. The way I do them.

So, he made tomato sauce (I might have taken idea from Nigella? originally): garlic, carrots, beet root, tomato passata from tin, crushed (dry) broad beans... beans were ys's idea, because he doesn't like meatballs, and I told he might need some alternative source of protein, so he told "You could put beans in tomato sauce and liquidize it". He used a kilo of minced meat! but so of it went to 'Suma and kittens (and Pretty Boy got some, too).
But meal was served and it was plenty. And delicious, as always...

After that I have been digging to my stores of fabrics. So far I have found Harry Potter print, two owl tea towels (don't have a clue where I have gotten them from?) red denim, black denim (4m, I have bought it for 6€, it still had price tag), one Harry Potter book I didn't know we had, and a plastic bag full of strings for present wrapping. Now I know where they went. And four euros, and scarf I couldn't find in autunm. No idea why coins or the scarf were among fabrics.
I was looking for blue denim.

Because I found two armchairs from IKEA at 30€ each but they don't have covers. And I had this wonderful idea of sewing those covers by myself... Because I was sure I have some denim at home which would be perfect for those armchairs...
I think I don't have enough of blue denim for one chair, but I have just enough black for another.

I wasn't really looking for armchairs, but we need a new one (now we have two leather armchairs from 80's and they are ripped a part by... 'Suma). And my sister has her birthday just around the corner (and a round number, too).

So we brought home two armchairs and now I HAVE to sew covers for them.

Oh bugger.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't know where to start covering an armchair - cushions are about as advanced as I can manage - but at 30€ I'd still have been tempted to buy the chairs. However Ikea over here doesn't often have such good bargains. They do have a bargain corner, but the money off doesn't seem enough to me - book shelves with half the shelves missing for about 20% off doesn't represent a bargain once you've bought/made the extra shelves, unless you happen to have a lot of really tall books, I guess. My arm chair has a wonky cushion because my dog ate the one that fitted and I had to take one from the sofa, which we then discarded because the dog had also eaten chunks of that - as well as a magazine rack and the legs on a sideboard. It's a good job I love my dog...

    ReplyDelete