Thursday 8 July 2021

Lidl's veggie box

Local Lidl sells past best before products (vegetables and fruits) in 2€ boxes, I think this is all over Europe thing?

I don't usually shop at Lidl, their range is just not for our family. I mean if we could eat ready made meals, there would be a lot of cheap and affordable stuff! My shopping is usually done at lunchtime or early afternoon,  and 2€ boxes are available in the mornings. When on rare occasion I'm nearby in the morning, I'll take a look.

Last Friday I was lucky, there were two identical boxes left! I bought only one, not wanting to be greedy.

I think contents were much much more worth than 2 euros I paid! I've already mentioned dill and lettuces. So 1 bunch of dill and purple seedless grapes, 2 bunches of seriously wilted lettuce, 12 mushrooms, about one kilo of new potatoes, 3 apricots, nectarines and oranges, and one huge apple and three  normal ones.

Some grapes were moldy, and some lettuce went to compost, too. One spud was spoiled, and that's it! Everything else was,  if not fine but at least edible.  I've made fruit salad twice and have still two apples and an orange left, lettuce is eaten, and potatoes were part of our lunch today. Os ate fried mushrooms while others had sausages.

Tomorrow D is having a meeting with school nurse, so I quess I'll pop at Lidl to find out if I'm lucky again.

No comments:

Post a Comment