Wednesday 21 June 2023

Summer vacation here I come!

Last day of work today. It was supposed to be yesterday, but we had some compulsory training, and a briefing later on. I had to write a report and make my travel expenses claim, I won't be back until end of July.

It's been so hot I can't even dream of doing any substantial gardening. I did however plant one more row to my veggie plot, pickling cukes, chard and kale. Just went to see them and they seemed to be ok. I dug a hole and watered it before planting, and I made a moat around each plant to hold water.

Now I have only corn, pumpkins and zucchinies and beans to plant to plot. Then I should pot some new plants from strawberries, they have a lot of runners now. And I have one more frame to fill with something, I think radishes and spinach. Then I have all tomatoes to re-place to the greenhouse, but that requires cooler day.

I have potatoes growing in my carrot rows and horse radish in potatoe frame. I haven't any horse radish anywhere near that frame! I also found two parsnip plants ready to flower right in the middle of my field, but my sown parsnips are having trouble to germinate. I've been waiting for a month now, I know they are slow, but...

I picked first batch of radishes to eat, I mean the proper fat red radishes, not only the poor trimmed seedlings. I rinsed greens and I'm going to make pesto with them. I have garlic greens I can use, too. I don't use parmesan in pesto, nor basil - I don't like basil and we usually don't have parmesan at home, it's a bit expensive.

AND I'm nearly finished my jumper I begun knitting at Easter. I love the colour, or colours, it gradually changes from white to pale blue, to electric blue, to dark navy to grey... D saw the yarn and said it's just my colour. I only have to put it together, one sleeve is already on.

No comments:

Post a Comment