Friday 30 June 2023

Moving day

I've been on vacation/holiday/off work over a week now. So far I've written only dozen or so work emails, answered only three phone calls (work affairs) and spoke online with my dearest co-worker (who's still at work next week). I've had my earphones on while I was weeding lupins from my parents' field (invasive plants) - there was this important info which I knew would be important to me (and so it was, it turned out my office is safe for now, but our head office has to move to smaller premises). And I promised to entertain my Norweigian colleague who is about to come here for a few weeks. Because I speak both English and Swedish (Norwegians don't all speak Swedish but nynorsk is close enough so we can understand each other).

All but five pickling cucumbers have died and I have no idea why. It''s good that I planted about 30 cucumbers on my plot at my parents' field😁 and they are doing fine.

I just don't get it.

D moved to the city today. Me and sys were helping to fill the moving van, her friend had borrowed a huge mercedes  sprinter and it was more than half  empty when d's all belongings were inside.

I'm gonna miss my little baby, she's been living in a town for a year now, and now she's even further away. But she'll be all right, her friends are there and her school. There is also easier to get a job, and life would be a bit cheaper there. She's happy.

I'm still gonna miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment