Monday 18 January 2021

Another year, another winter wonderland

As a dog owner I go for a walk several times a day. 'Sumawalks. No matter how cold, wet, windy or dark. I don't much care about walking,  it's boring at times. But sometimes it's just breathtakingly beautiful.

Our closest neighbouring house that actually has someone staying there occasionally.

We walk several routes. In mornings we often walk a circular route around the  village, there's few houses by the road. Some of them are empty, void of occupants. Some of them have a large family living there. Few houses belong to widowed older ladies, women here do outlive their husbands seceral years if not decades.  It's dark both in mornings and evenings.

Young oak at my aunts front yard. It shines brightly across fields. 


There's enough snow for decent skitracks. I don't like skiing, too much trauma from school days. Always last at competitions.

Sys likes skiing. And 'Suma likes winter.


I know we're lucky n many many ways. We live in a place without lockdown, we have all this wilderness AND fields to walk. We have neighbours who can keep our roads clean and safe, I can work from home. 

A bit like '70s photo. This my home.



2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful, like something out of a winter wonderland. It just looks idyllic, if you don't mind the cold. Suma is very lucky to have a mum who'll take her out in all weathers. There are an awful lot of people with dogs around where I live, but it's amazing how few you see out walking when it's cold or wet. Fairweather walkers, my husband calls them. He and I often have a guess how many people we will encounter on each walk. First thing in the morning, pre dawn it's often 0 in winter, and once it gets dark early in the evening the numbers drop. Where you'd expect at least a dozen dogs and owners out at 5pm in spring or autumn, in winter it might be 1 or 2 or none if it's raining. People seem to be averse to rain. This is bad news for our dog, for whom meeting other dogs is the highspot of his day. For you it looks like it would be 0 most days, but I might just be getting that impression from the moody pictures. It looks like winter imposes its own lockdown without the government needing to step in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the tree...it looks like Narnia!

    ReplyDelete