Monday 4 January 2021

Winter

 

We have winter. I'm trying to learn to use my phone as a camera. After all I went on a week long course for audiovisual  presentation this autunm, so I should practise.


 Sys built a snowman on the other day, now we have frost so no more rolling snowballs. Today wasn't snowing anymore, so a short breather from all shoveling. 

Today is os birthday. He is 21 now, he asked for some money for his steam account, a cake and deer stew. Hb transferred the money, and I baked a cake and cooked his favourite dinner. 

A bit pricey for a simple meal: reindeer is the most expensive meat I agree to buy. We don't have reindeers here, too south. I made reindeer stew once for him when he was a toddler, and ever since he asks for it every now and then. For the price of 25-40€/kg I just can't cook reindeer very often, if I can find it at all. I know many people think I've stolen from Santa's herd, but if we have this once a year, I don't think it's a worst of my sins.

Few more days off, and then back to the office. This time I'm really going in to my office, I still need to sort and pack one shelf full of books.  Friday is my last day ever in my own office. From monday I'll have only my laptop, a keyboard and a mouse and every time when I'm in the office, I just have to find an empty working station... not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. Your snow is beautiful! The photo with the snowman is almost magical. Of course, I can admire it because we haven't had our annual snow yet.

    A belated happy birthday to os! Interesting about the reindeer stew. That's one I've never had before. Sounds like it's a special meal and a lovely birthday tradition.

    ReplyDelete